Add To Favorites In PHR
St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum: Free admission for veterans
Orlando Sentinel - 10/31/2018
Oct. 31--Veterans will receive free admission to the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum onVeterans Day, which is Sunday, Nov. 11. And immediate family members will get 10 percent off the price of their admission. Free admission is also available for active military and their immediate family.
Current exhibits at the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum include:
* Wrecked! The Story of a Revolutionary War Shipwreck.
* At Home with the Harns: A Look Inside the Home of a Keeper Family.
* Legends of the Light: Stories from the Lighthouse's Past.
* US Coast Guard Barracks from WWII with artwork depicting the US Coast Guard.
Other activities include:
* Self-Guided St. Augustine Light Station Tour (climbing the tower)
* View from the Top video (for those who don't climb and those under 44 inches)
* Behind the Scenes tour: on the hour from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
* Keepers' House
* Heritage Boatworks: Building on Florida's Maritime Heritage
* Northeast Florida Shrimping: Foundation of a Global Enterprise
* Maritime Hammock Nature Trails & Scavenger Hunt
* Archaeology Lab
* Pirate Ship Playground
* Hands-on children's activities
* Gift shop with Lighthouse & Maritime items
The private non-profit museum provides educational services to the community, supports at-risk children with camp opportunities, and funds a maritime archaeology program that studies shipwrecks in the waters of the nation's oldest port.
Location: 81 Lighthouse Ave., St. Augustine. Hours: 9 am to 6 pm daily. Regular admission is $12.95 for adults; $10.95 for seniors and children under 12; free for children less than 44 inches (unable to climb the tower).
For more details about the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum, visit staugustinelighthouse.org or call 904-829-0745.
Email Cassie at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter: @cassiearmstrong. Follow her on Instagram: @cassarmstrong.
(c)2018 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.